During the pandemic, Maple Grove’s Centering Prayer Group has continued meeting Tuesdays from 7:00 pm to 8:15 on Zoom. We welcome any who want to join us in meditating, Bible reading, and learning more about the effect of, and how to do, Centering Prayer.
Our usual meeting:
– Our opening prayer
– 20 minutes of silent centering prayer (a form of meditation)
– Reciting the Lord’s Prayer
– A form of meditative Scripture reading called Lectio Divina
– Social chatting, catching up with everybody’s week
– Reading books or watching videos about centering prayer
Some of us also meet on Zoom Friday evenings from 7:00 to about 8:00 for a briefer, less formal centering prayer, led by Susan Garofolo.
If you would like to see what this is like, and maybe join our group, email email@example.com