OakvilleReady and the Town of Oakville are hosting ‘Let’s Haunt Hunger’ a Halloween-themed, safe, contactless food drive to collect non-perishable items for Kerr Street Missions. Join us for a great way for our community and kids to help others while having fun at the same time!
The event is on October 31 from 9 am to 1 pm at two locations.
The drive-thru event will be located in the back parking lot of Longo’s at 469 Cornwall Road and the walk-thru food drive in Towne Square on Lakeshore Road in Oakville.
Wear a costume and/or dress your car up and to be entered in the costume contest with the chance to win some great prizes! Come up and give back to the community as we ‘haunt’ hunger!
If you want to get more involved, we are asking for volunteers to come out and help with the event. Please spread the word in your community!
- We will need volunteers to help with:
- Collection of the food items
- Weighing the food item
- Getting and keeping the crowd excited & the event up-beat
- Helping with the flow of traffic
- Gathering metrics by recording the number of cars, cans collected, etc.
- All volunteers are asked to dress up in fun family-friendly costumes.
- There will be COVID screenings at the event and social distance will be maintained at each location.
If you are interested or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the details on how to get involved.
Let’s Haunt Hunger in support of Kerr Street Mission.