MGUC Christian Education envisions a community of learners where all are invited to grow and to explore Christian faith in action.
Our Core Values for Christian Education are:
- Community: We strive to create belonging.
- Knowledge: We seek to value lifelong learning about God and faith through exploring and sharing a diversity of experiences and ways of being.
- Growth: We believe we are called to grow spiritually and in faith, both personally and corporately as a community of faith. Our Christian Education ministry and programs seek to give children and youth the tools they need for lifelong learning.
- Discipleship: Our baptism calls us to live out our faith actively, as Jesus’ followers in the world.
- Welcoming: Our children and youth Christian Education programs seek to be spaces where individuals with various beliefs and church backgrounds can feel comfortable.
From baptism onward, the Maple Grove Congregation is committed to helping youth develop their spiritual lives and knowledge of the Bible through:
Weekly Sunday School Classes
All children gather together for a time of singing and prayer before splitting into the two age based classes.
In Wonder Worship, children in Junior Kindergarten – Grade 3 begin to explore Bible stories through Godly play as they learn how worship is a special time to be with God. In LIGHT Connection, children in Grades 4 – 6 start reading from the Bible and applying Biblical texts to their lives.
Confirmation class is offered typically to students in grade 8 or 9 who are interested in joining the church in a formal way. Through weekly classes in the fall, and service projects in the winter, we provide these youth with an introduction to the Christian faith and a basis for continually exploring their faith throughout their lives.
mgY (Maple Grove Youth)
Youth in grades 8-12 meet the third Sunday of the month from 7-8:30pm for games and discussions about faith, life, and current topics.
Vacation Bible School
In the summers, we offer a one-week Vacation Bible School for children in Junior Kindergarten – Grade 4 (older children and youth are invited to come and act as helpers.) These weeks are so much fun with great music, stories, games and activities and snacks. Registration generally opens in May.